- Counselor/Advocate in the Counseling Department
Counselor Advocate- FT
Monday through Friday 8am-5pmAre you a caring and committed professional interested in working with victims of trauma? Safe Berks has an immediate opening for a dedicated bilingual (Spanish/English) professional to work with victims of domestic and/or sexual violence.
• Provide case management, counseling, and advocacy to victims of domestic and/or sexual violence both in person and over the phone
• Provide emotional support to women and children coming from violent homes
• Complete intake interviews to establish individual needs
• Develop service plans stating goals and objectives for intervention
• Provide direct counseling
• Lead support groups and maintain curricula
• Deliver training within Safe Berks 63-hour training program
• Provide information, resources and referrals to clients
• Maintain record keeping relevant to program services
• Degree in Human Services and/or experience working with women and children.
• Crisis intervention skills
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
• Must be available to provide coverage when needed in the evenings, on weekends and on holidays.
This is a benefit eligible position with a starting salary of $14.18.
Candidates should submit a letter/email of interest along with a current resume to
Danielle Reardon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Berks is an Equal Opportunity Employer