Toll Free Hotline: 844-789-SAFE
Text SAFE BERKS to 20121
Emergency Safe House
Safe Berks provides free emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault at our Center.
• 30-day program for up to 50 women and children in a safe, secure location
• Easy access to public transportation and community resources
• Friendly, caring staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Professional counselors and case management available to all residents
• Children’s advocate on-site for counseling, “Ready to Read” program, and planned activities
• Support groups and educational programs
• Connection to all Safe Berks services, including legal assistance with Protection From Abuse orders
Rapid Response & Medical Advocacy
A Safe Berks counselor/advocate will respond to a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault in crisis 24/7/365 at the Reading Hospital or St. Joseph Medical Center, or to the Berks County Courthouse to assist with the Emergency Protection From Abuse order process.